Monday, September 9, 2019

Oh Sweet Blessed Reminder

"When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." -Matthew 28:17-20

In the midst of the enormous pressure I've been feeling these days and the doubts creeping into this heart of mine, His words are a wave of peace that brings tears to my tired and weary eyes.
You know me, messy and ill-prepared, as I drive from meeting to meeting. You see the tears roll down my cheeks. You hear my quiet cries for help as my hand is on the steering wheel. You pour into me at just the right times when every text message is another ask pulling me to another task. Yes, Lord. You are with me always, to the very end of the age. How blessed it is to be yours.